After having attended the members meeting at the National Rifle Association (NRA) Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, I have not been able to keep up with the flow of information coming out about the internal and external challenges facing the NRA.
Fortunately, Dean of NC Gun Bloggers, John Richardson, has been doing a better job and recently put up a series of posts on No Lawyers Only Guns and Money that include some public and private correspondence of interest.
Here are links to John’s series of 5 posts:
- Then NRA President Oliver North’s Letter Read at NRA Members Meeting (I posted a video on YouTube of Richard Childress reading the letter to the members)
- Memo from then NRA President Oliver North to the Executive Committee of the NRA regarding the current crisis
- Joint Letter from Oliver North and Richard Childress on Payments to NRA Outside Counsel William Brewer III
- Ackerman-McQueen Letter to NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre on Clothing Purchases
- Ackerman-McQueen Letter to NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre on Other Expenses
Some leaders of the NRA, like newly elected President Carolyn Meadows and Second Vice President Willes Lee, have painted everyone critical of the current leadership as enemies of the organization, and no doubt many are. But there are also many, like John Richardson and others, who are posting this information to document the extent of the problems and in the hope that the NRA will clean up its act on its own if and while it still has that choice.