In last week’s and this week’s Light Over Heat videos, I lay out my Top 10 books on guns in America. This week I cover books #5 to #1.
See below for the list and links.
Books #5 to #1 of my Top 10:
5. Barrett, Paul M. 2012. Glock: The Rise of America’s Gun. New York: Broadway Books. https://gunculture2point0.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/book-report-paul-barretts-glock-the-rise-of-americas-gun/
4. Lacombe, Matthew J. 2021. Firepower: How the NRA Turned Gun Owners into a Political Force. Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press. https://bookshop.org/a/85868/978069120744
3. Joslyn, Mark R. 2020. The Gun Gap: The Influence of Gun Ownership on Political Behavior and Attitudes. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. https://bookshop.org/a/85868/9780190064839
2. Carlson, Jennifer. 2015. Citizen-Protectors: The Everyday Politics of Guns in an Age of Decline. New York: Oxford University Press. https://bookshop.org/a/85868/9780190902148
1. Winkler, Adam. 2013. Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms in America. 1 edition. New York, NY: W. W. Norton & Company. https://gunculture2point0.wordpress.com/2015/07/04/review-of-adam-winklers-gunfight-the-battle-over-the-right-to-bear-arms-in-america-the-best-single-volume-treatment-of-guns-in-america/
New “Light Over Heat” videos are released on YouTube every Wednesday, so please surf over to my YouTube channel and SUBSCRIBE to follow, RING THE BELL to receive notifications, and SHARE so others can learn about this work.