The recent stabbing at a Hanukkah party in New York and shooting at a church service in Texas has raised again the issue of congregational (church) security. Although my work on this issue has been slowed by other projects, here is a list of my posts to date.
Of note are a couple of posts on resources for protecting houses of worship:
- Protecting Houses of Worship, Part 2: Other Resources
- Protecting Houses of Worship, Part 1: Training Organizations, Groups, and Individuals
If you have other suggestions, please drop them in the comments here and I can move them into the resource lists on an ongoing basis. (More entries following the photo.)
- Protecting Houses of Worship Seminar by U.S. Attorney’s Office – Eastern District of NC (Panel Discussion)
- Protecting Houses of Worship Seminar by U.S. Attorney’s Office – Eastern District of NC (Law Enforcement Support)
- Protecting Houses of Worship Seminar by U.S. Attorney’s Office – Eastern District of NC (Opening Remarks)
- National Survey of Congregations’ Fear of and Preparation for Crime
- What are the Major Safety and Security Threats Faced by Religious Congregations?
- FaithShield: Jeff Kowell on Church Security as Ministry
- Armed Church Security in Colonial America
- First Reflections on National Church Security Conference
- FUNDED – The Body Armor of Christ: Constructing Safety and Security in Communities of Faith
- SEEKING HELP on Protecting Houses of Worship